8/12/08

The land of plenty

It occurred to me that the so called “believers” and, “the faithful” have a bounty of resources to aid them in everything from job searches to child care. What do atheists have? I need a job, I’m an atheist and I’d like to help the cause along the way. So I did a search on Google for "jobs for atheists." Apparently Google is so confused by this concept that it returns with Did you mean: "jobs for athletes". Pretty much any attempt to put “jobs” and “atheist” together will revert to “athlete.” So great! Even Athletes have support groups but atheists, no dice. So now I’m faced with the depressing realization that if I had just kept running in circles (literally) around that track ever faster, on and on, I’d be taken care of by now. Funny, I thought computers, business management, event production, multimedia, the internet, music production, film production, critical thinking, analytical thinking, compassion, intelligence, experience, a fucking willingness to work, would see me through. I guess I should have just shut off my brain, believed in god and kept running in circles.

No comments:

My photo
Los Angeles, Ca., United States